All interested adopters must have/understand ALL of the following before being considered as a potential adopter. We take placing an animals life in your hands very seriously, and want to ensure we are doing the best thing for both the animal and for you.
- Valid Drivers License
- Be over the age of 23
- Renters must show proof or provide information to verify that the pet is allowed at the residence
- Be willing to have an in person interview to go over expectations for both you and the animal
- Be willing to have a Love And Rescue volunteer do a home visit
- Must fill out our adoption application. Link above.
Please fill out the adoption application in full and a Case Manager will reach out to you. If an animal has multiple applications we will pick the home best suited for the animal.
All adopters must understand and agree that your pet is part of your family, and that it is important to keep them healthy. We do the best we can to ensure we match you with the perfect pet and ask that you ensure they are taken care of once they are in your care.
- Ensure your pet is on heart-worm preventive, flea/tick preventive, and go to annual check-ups.
- Microchip (and register your chip) and make sure your pet has a tag on at all times.
- Animals must be indoors for the majority of the time, especially during harsh weather conditions, cold or hot.
- Be patient with potty training, this can take some time and we will provide help and advice as necessary.
- Make sure your pet gets enough food, water and exercise. Just like humans, they need all those things to thrive in their new home.
- Understand that this is a commitment that will require time and money.
- Must agree not to physically alter the animal; this would include: dock tail, debark, ear cropping, and de-claw and any other form of unnecessary physical alterations.
- NEVER surrender your pet to any other shelter or rescue organization, please contact Love And Rescue directly.
- Fill out application in store or online - application must be filled out in full
- Once the application is received the case manager for that rescue animal will contact the applicant for a brief phone interview
- Following the call the case manager will schedule a time for a meet and greet, this will typically take place at the foster’s home
- If all goes well, we will do a thorough reference and background check; contingent upon a good check, the case manager will schedule a weekend sleepover
- Home visit will coincide with weekend sleepover drop off. Should anything be of concern in the home environment, it will be addressed and decision to continue with or postpone/cancel sleepover is up to case manager’s discretion.
- If the sleepover goes well, the case manager will proceed to finalize the adoption, in person
- Non-refundable Adoption Fee is $150 for dogs and $75 for cats (Includes full vetting, spay/neuter, and microchip)
Adoption Fee is a non-refundable $150 for dogs.
Adoption Fee is a non-refundable $75 for cats.
- A spay/neuter
- Up to date vaccinations
- Up to date flea/tick and heartworm prevention.